To view TS Tours in partnership with HF Holidays’ supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
Learn new drawing skills in the heavenly Peak District
As one of the UK's most impressive areas of natural beauty, the Peak District National Park makes the perfect location for this four-night drawing break aimed at beginners.
This arty holiday is specifically designed for those wanting to take up drawing as a hobby. You'll have three days of workshops with expert tutor Alison Carr, an artist with experience in a range of mediums, who'll help you capture the beauty of the Peak District in your drawing.
Not only will Alison introduce you to the basics of shape, form, and texture, but she'll increase your confidence and help you to make noticeable progress over the three days of workshops.
You'll be staying at the wonderful Peveril of the Peak District, a country house in the tiny village of Thorpe, where you'll be surrounded by idyllic countryside and where all your meals will be included throughout the trip.
Reasons to book
Stay in a characterful country house
Guidance from an expert tutor
Improve your drawing skills
Small group sizes
Explore the Peak District
Delicious afternoon tea
- Expert tuition from Alison Carr
- Loan of wooden A3 art boards
- Comfortable en-suite accommodation in a country house
- Cream tea on arrival day
- Cooked or continental breakfast every morning
- Daily packed lunches
- Three-course evening meals, plus tea and coffee
- Easy-to-follow routes, maps, and information available at the Discovery Point if you want to explore independently
- Price includes exclusive £60pp discount
- Room upgrades are available at a supplement
Day1Arrive at The Peveril of the PeakDovedale, United Kingdom
You're welcome to arrive at The Peveril of the Peak to check in from 4pm onwards. Enjoy a complimentary afternoon tea on arrival and spend the afternoon and evening exploring the glorious surroundings of the country house.
You may want to spend the rest of the afternoon exploring your surroundings. There are plenty of big-name attractions nearby, most famously the Twelve Apostles, best viewed from the limestone promontory known as Lover's Leap. If you want to stretch your legs there's no shortage of walking routes in the area, especially around the Roaches and the impressive Stanage Edge.
Days2-4Art workshopsDovedale, United Kingdom
After starting your morning with a cooked or continental breakfast, you'll enjoy full days of drawing practice with guidance from your expert tutor, Alison Carr. There'll be breaks for refreshments and lunch throughout the day to keep you energised.
Most tuition and practice will take place inside the house, but if the sun is out, you may head into the grounds to take advantage of some fresh air.
In the evenings, you can relax in the comfortable lounge and bar areas, socialise with other guests, or take part in a range of fun activities.
Day5DepartureDovedale, United Kingdom
Enjoy a leisurely breakfast before checking out and making your way home.
The Peveril of the Peak
Set in the tiny village of Thorpe, this country house takes its name from the novel by Sir Walter Scott.
There are 11 acres of manicured gardens and grounds to enjoy, with the towering hill of Thorpe Cloud as a backdrop. A footpath will lead you directly from the hotel to the famous stepping stones on the River Dove.
Classic Rooms are ideal for a peaceful night's sleep and with amenities including free Wi-Fi, tea and coffee-making facilities, toiletries and a TV. Upgrade to a Superior Room for beautiful views of the surroundings and extras like comfy bathrobes and slippers.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price includes £60pp discount, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Where no single rooms remain a double room for sole use may be available at a charge of £100pp, please enquire at the time of booking. Deposit £150pp. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Offers are not valid in conjunction with any other offers or promotions. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd and HF Holidays Ltd.