Bestselling novelist and weather presenter Carol Kirkwood, who trained with the Met Office, has been presenting the weather for more than 20 years and famously danced with Pasha Kovalev in the 13th series of Strictly Come Dancing. Carol grew up in Morar on Scotland's west coast. Her latest novel, Secrets of the Villa Amore, is set on the Amalfi Coast.
Taste the flavours of the Amalfi coast with Carol Kirkwood
The Amalfi Coast's stunning scenery, dotted with pastel houses and lemon groves, captivates visitors. Stretching from Salerno to Sorrento, it stands out as one of the most exquisite coastlines in Italy, if not the world.
Join our six-day tour and explore the pretty towns of Ravello, Positano, and Capri. Joining you is weather presenter Carol Kirkwood, who'll accompany you on excursions and host an insightful talk at your hotel where she will share insights into her latest book set on the shores of the Amalfi Coast.
You'll be staying at the Hotel Victoria Maiorino in Cava de' Tirreni, where you can enjoy tranquil gardens and stylish lounges.
A real highlight will be a trip to Pompeii's remarkable ruins with an expert guide, delving into the city's harrowing history and getting a glimpse of life as it was in Roman times. Carol will also join your group for this excursion.
You'll also discover some of the region's culinary delight with a visit to a family-run mozzarella farm, a tasting of locally-produced limoncello and a tour of a winery in the foothills of Mount Vesuvius.
Reasons to book
You'll be joined by
- Talk, Q&A and excursions to Positano, Minori and Capri with Carol Kirkwood
- Five nights at the four-star Hotel Victoria Maiorino with five breakfasts and a welcome aperitif
- Three-course lunch at a local winery at the base of Mount Vesuvius with water, soft drinks and wine pairing
- Three-course dinner and one lunch at a local restaurant
- Ferry tickets from Salerno to Positano and Salerno to Capri
- Visit to a family-run farm in Ravello that produces mozzarella; discover the secrets of cheese-making and enjoy a tasting of mozzarella and other tasting cheeses
- Visit to a lemon garden in Minori with a three-course dinner
- Entrance to Villa Rufolo in Ravello
- Entrance to Villa San Michele in Anacapri
- Entrance to the Archaeological Area of Pompeii
- English-speaking guide in Ravello, Capri and Pompeii
- Group transfers
- Price includes £342 saving per couple*
- Return flights from London Heathrow to Naples
Day1Arrive in NaplesNapoli, Italy
Today you'll arrive at Naples airport, where you'll be met by your tour manager. You'll transfer to your accommodation in Cava Dei Tirreni, where you'll have time to check in and settle into your room.
In the late afternoon, there'll be a welcome drink in the garden so you can get to know your fellow travellers and tour manager over a glass of wine.
This morning, after breakfast at the hotel, you'll set off to visit a family-run farm that produces mozzarella. On the visit you'll discover the secrets of the ancient art of cheese-making and of course, enjoy a tasting of mozzarella and other cheeses.
After your visit, you'll have lunch at a local restaurant before setting off on a journey to the medieval village of Ravello. Here, you can explore centuries of history, art, and folklore at Villa Rufolo, an architectural gem famed for its beautiful cascading gardens.
Before heading back to the hotel, stop in the small, seaside town of Maiori for a leisurely stroll along the beachfront.
You'll then return to the hotel where you'll have dinner, in the garden if the weather allows, where Carol Kirkwood will join you to give a talk and answer some of your questions.
Today Carol Kirkwood will join you as you visit one of the best-loved towns on the Amalfi coast, picture-perfect Positano. You'll have the morning here to spend as you wish, perhaps relaxing on the beach or strolling around the town itself. You'll be free to find your own lunch today, perhaps trying out one of the many excellent trattorias serving up fresh seafood from the Tyrrhenian Sea.
After lunch it's time to catch a ferry back over to Salerno and make a brief stop at the hotel to freshen up.
Your next trip is to a local agriturismo - a rural farmhouse - in Minori. Enjoy a visit to their lemon garden, followed by a tasting of locally-produced limoncello before a hearty meal surrounded by citrus trees.
This morning you'll hop on the ferry to Capri, the stunning island that has been a tourist destination since the times of the Roman Republic.
While here, you'll explore the stately Villa of San Michele in Anacapri, the life's work of the Swedish physician and author Axel Munthe. The Villa is surrounded by an impressive garden, recently awarded as Italy's most beautiful private park.
Then, head to the famous Piazzetta and enjoy some time at leisure for lunch in one of Capri's many fine restaurants.
After lunch, it's time to catch the ferry back and return to your hotel, where the rest of the afternoon and evening is at leisure for you to relax at the hotel or explore the local area.
Today you'll visit the incredible UNESCO World Heritage designated Archaeological Area of Pompeii, where you'll meet with your expert guide.
This town was frozen in time when Mount Vesuvius erupted on August 24, 79 A.D., preserving the area in a thick layer of ash, pumice, and lapilli. You now have the opportunity to visit the remarkably well-preserved town and get an idea of how life was for the ancient inhabitants just before the catastrophe.
After your tour of Pompeii, you'll head to a winery at the base of Mount Vesuvius for lunch and a wine tasting, discovering how volcanic soils produce delicious wines.
After a final breakfast at the hotel, it's time to check out and transfer to the airport as your Italian adventure comes to an end.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £455. Deposit 30%. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Price includes £171pp savings. Offers are not valid in conjunction with any other offers or promotions. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd (ATOL bonded)