All-Women Expedition to Jordan
During this week-long tour, you'll experience the diversity of
this Middle Eastern haven alongside like-minded women. From
Jordan's capital Amman, to the Wadi Rum desert, you'll learn about
the ancient art of henna, before an exhilarating 4x4 experience
across the sandy terrain.
You'll have two days in Petra, joining a local family for dinner before embarking on a candlelight tour of the Old Town. The following day, you'll meet a female shepherd before seeing the iconic sights of the city, including the temples and tombs carved into the cliffs.
Your trip ends with a two-night stay at a resort on the Dead Sea - the lowest point on earth. Take time to relax and unwind and experience how it feels to float on the salty lake.
Reasons to book
Petra by candlelight
Float on the Dead Sea
- Service of a tour manager from day two to day seven
- Return flights from London
- Group transfers
- Amman tasting tour
- Wadi Rum henna with Bedouin women
- Wadi Rum Desert Jeep Tour
- Petra by Night
- Ma'in Hot Springs
- Guided tour of Petra
- Dead Sea trip
- Accommodation in hotels for six nights and a desert camp for one night (hotels may vary from those listed on this page)
- Seven breakfasts, three lunches, and five dinners
Day1London to AmmanAmman, Jordan
On arrival at Amman's airport, you'll be met and transferred to your hotel to settle in. You'll meet your tour leader and group tomorrow.
This morning, you'll meet your tour leader for a welcome meeting. After breakfast, you'll get your bearings with a walking tour in Amman, including the ancient ruins of Jebel Al Qala'a, the Citadel, where you'll get a panoramic city view. There's the opportunity to enjoy the local food on a tasting tour, before you head to lantern-lit Rainbow Street to enjoy the atmosphere of this colourful promenade lined with cafes, restaurants, and souvenir shops.
Day3Wadi Dana and Wadi RumWadi Rum Desert, Jordan
You'll leave Amman behind after breakfast, making the 2.5-hour journey south to Wadi Dana for lunch at a lodge and the chance to meet local women. The next leg of your trip takes you 2.5 hours south to the famous Wadi Rum Desert, where you'll try Bedouin-style makeup, including the ancient art of beautiful henna.
You'll stay in a desert camp tonight, surrounded by the otherworldly scenery of the desert and beneath a vast starlit sky.
Day4Wadi Rum and PetraPetra, Jordan
In the morning, after breakfast, you'll take an exhilarating four-hour 4x4 tour of the Wadi Rum Desert, driving over the desert terrain. You'll swap your jeep for a coach for the journey to Petra, where you'll have dinner with a local family.
You'll see the Petra Night Show tonight, a magical way to see part of the city by candlelight and explore the old town. You'll walk the entire Siq to the Treasury, lit by over 1,500 candles.
In the morning, join a local female shepherd and watch and learn her daily routine. You'll explore Petra in more detail on a guided tour today. It's a jewel of Jordan, the lost city of the biblical Nabataean, and an impressive series of tombs and dwellings hidden behind ornate facades carved directly into the rock.
Day6Ma’in Hot Springs and the Dead SeaHammamat Ma’in , Jordan
You'll leave Petra behind after breakfast, heading to the Ma'in Hot Springs three hours north. Popular with locals and tourists alike, the springs are 264m below sea level, and bathers enjoy the mineral-rich waters of these hyperthermal waterfalls.
You'll visit the Dead Sea - not a sea, but a salty lake. It's the lowest point on earth, and you can experience floating effortlessly.
Lunch follows at one of the beaches, then transfer to your hotel for overnight before you head to your hotel to settle in.
Day7Dead SeaDead Sea, Jordan
Today is yours to spend as you wish.
Day8Amman to LondonAmman, Jordan
After breakfast, a transfer collects you for the hour-long drive to the airport, ready for your flight home to London.
Art Hotel, Amman
Simple ensuite rooms in a friendly hotel in the heart of Amman with a restaurant and cafe on the fourth floor.
Mohammed Mutlak Camp, Wadi Rum Desert
An experiential eco-friendly camp that offers a traditional Bedouin experience. The tents are simple but comfortable, with shared bathrooms.
La Maison Hotel, Petra
Just five minutes from Petra’s main entrance, La Maison places you in the centre of this ancient land. Rooms are simple but comfortable, and there are two restaurants, including an Arabic-themed restaurant on the roof.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £419 (excludes Day 3 Wadi Rum Camp). Deposit: 20% plus flights. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Travel insurance is not included but compulsory for this trip, and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel (ATOL-bonded).
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £389 (excludes Day 3 Wadi Rum Camp). Deposit: 20% plus flights. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Travel insurance is not included but compulsory for this trip, and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel (ATOL-bonded).