Uncover Malta’s varied history and relax in the Mediterranean sun
There's 8000 years of history waiting to be discovered in Malta. From ancient Megalithic Temples to underground burial sites of long-lost civilizations, there's history round every corner of this sunny archipelago.
In the cities of Mdina and Valletta, both UNESCO World Heritage Sites, there's fascinating fortified architecture to see. Your first full day will be spent exploring Valletta, the seductive capital, with its fine-arts museum, MUZA, and its interesting religious buildings.
Spend a full day discovering Gozo, where traces of the island's rule by the Romans, Arabs, Phoenicians, French and British can be seen in its architecture.
Your base for the trip will be AX The Victoria Hotel in the heart of pretty Sliema, a seaside town with an elegant promenade. There'll be lots of free time to enjoy this vibrant town and make the most of your hotel's excellent facilities, including a rooftop pool. The rooftop restaurant and bar is famed for having sensational views of the Sliema skyline, towards Valetta, and for serving up delicious cocktails and food.
Reasons to book
Delicious food and drink
Stay in a luxury hotel
Free time to explore
- Return economy flights
- Individual transfers on arrival and departure day
- Group transport on the days of the tours
- Light lunch included while on the excursions
- Seven nights' accommodation in a four- star hotel with daily breakfast
- Welcome dinner on the first evening
- English speaking guide on tour days
- Dinner in a local restaurant
- Explore Valetta, visiting Upper Barracca Gardens, St. John's Co-Cathedral, Casa Rocca Piccolo, and a Kinnie and Pastizzi tasting
- Enjoy a chocolate liquor tasting in the Chocolate District
- Explore San Anton, Mdina, Inquisitor's Palace, and the Three Cities
- Spend a day touring Gozo with lunch at a local restaurant
Day1Arrive in MaltaSliema, Malta
Today you'll arrive in beautiful Malta, where you'll be met at the airport by a guide and shown to your transport. You'll arrive at AX The Victoria Hotel, your base for the next seven nights.
After settling into your room, there'll be a welcome dinner at the hotel, where you can meet your guide and tour manager and chat to your fellow guests.
Day2Valletta city tourValletta, Malta
This morning you'll meet your guide in the hotel lobby and travel by coach to Valletta where you'll take a tour of the city.
During the tour you will visit Upper Barracca Gardens, St. John's Co-Cathedral,and Casa Rocca Piccola.
You'll also stop to taste some traditional Maltese delicacies; Pastizzi, a savoury pastry, and Kinnie, a carbonated soft drink made from bitter oranges, before a light lunch at MUZA, the city's fine arts museum.
After lunch you'll continue to discover the tastes of Malta with a visit to Chocolate District for a chocolate liqueur tasting before returning to the hotel.
Today is yours to explore the island at leisure, or make the most of the luxurious facilities at the hotel. Perhaps you'll choose to take a dip in the rooftop pool before enjoying a drink at the rooftop bar and soaking in the panoramic views across Sliema and the wider island.
Day4San Anton, Mdina and the Three CitiesMdina, Malta
This morning you'll meet your guide at the hotel before transferring to San Anton Gardens, where flourishing flora blooms amid elegant stone sculptures, stone urns and fountains.
After some time wandering these pretty gardens you'll travel onwards to the ancient walled city of Mdina. You will visit Mdina Cathedral, exploring the winding and narrow alleys that lead to the bastions with stunning viewpoints over the idyllic countryside surrounding Mdina.
Next, you will visit the Three Cities where you'll have lunch in a local restaurant. These three fortified cities form a trio of historic villages in the heart of Malta, and are a beautiful jumble of winding alleyways, classic architecture, and panoramic views across the Mediterranean. After lunch, you will visit the Inquisitor's Palace before returning to the hotel.
Another day at leisure for you to explore Malta independently or simply relax. Perhaps you'll choose to book a local wine tasting to try some Maltese vintages, or take an open-top bus tour of the island to see more of its fascinating sights.
Today's tour will take you across the water to Malta's second largest island, Gozo.
During the tour, you will visit Victoria and the Citadel, Xlendi, Xagħra, Dwejra, the Ta'Pinu Church and the Ġgantija Temples before recharging with lunch in a local restaurant
After lunch, you will stop by the Saltpans of Xwejni, a fascinating landmark where salt, one of Gozo's important natural raw materials, has been harvested for 350 years.
It's then time for your ferry transfer back to the main island of Malta where you'll enjoy dinner at a local restaurant in St Julian's, another chance to tuck into some more Maltese cuisine.
Day7Day at LeisureSliema, Malta
Today is yours to spend as you wish. Perhaps you'll book a relaxing treatment in AX The Victoria's exceptional spa or work up a sweat in the fitness centre before wandering along Sliema's seafront promenade at sunset.
Today you'll checkout and transfer to the airport for your flight back home as your Maltese adventure draws to an end.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing in a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Not suitable for those with mobility issues. Single supplement £590 May 2024 departure, £625 September 2024 departure. Deposit 20% plus air fare. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd (ATOL bonded).
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing in a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Not suitable for those with mobility issues. Single supplement £590 May 2024 departure, £625 September 2024 departure. Deposit 20% plus air fare. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. Travel insurance is not included but required for most of our overseas trips, and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd (ATOL bonded).