Visit the ‘Coronation Street Experience’ and spend an evening with actor Mikey North
Join fellow Corrie fans for a special weekend, where you'll walk in the footsteps of your favourite TV characters and meet one of the show's stars, Mikey North. Mikey, who plays Gary Windass, will join you at your hotel for a chat about his career, after which you can have your photo taken with him.
The following day, enjoy a tour of Coronation Street at the 'Coronation Street Experience' where you'll walk the famous cobbles and explore some of the brand new on-site exhibition, including some of the props and costumes which have appeared in the soap through the years.
Next, you'll tour locations in Salford and Manchester with connections to the show. These might include the registry office where many Corrie weddings have taken place, Worsley, where Martha's barge was moored, and The Midland Hotel - a favourite cast hangout.
At lunchtime, you'll sit down to afternoon tea at Annie's restaurant, owned by Jennie McAlpine who played Fiz Stape on the show.
You'll be based at the AC Marriott Hotel in Salford Quays during your stay, where you'll have breakfast each morning and a welcome dinner on your first night.
Reasons to book
Visit the 'Coronation Street Experience'
Meet Mikey North
Visit locations with Corrie connections
Stay at a stylish hotel
Your expert guide
- Two nights at the stylish Marriott Hotel, Manchester Salford Quays**
- Breakfast on two mornings and dinner on the first evening
- Visit the 'Coronation Street Experience'
- Afternoon Tea plus one glass of prosecco at Annie`s
- Drinks reception and talk from Mikey North followed by an autograph signing and photo opportunity
- Tour of the some of the filming locations used by Coronation Street
- Tour Manager on your first and second days
Day1Arrive in Salford QuaysSalford, United Kingdom
Today you'll make your way to Salford Quays and to the AC Marriott Hotel, where you can check in from 3pm. You might choose to arrive earlier to drop your bags at the hotel and spend some time exploring the local area independently.
Later in the evening, your guide will meet you at the hotel where, before dinner, Mikey North - aka Gary Windass - will join you for a private drinks reception. Mikey will give an informal chat on his career and there'll be an autograph signing and an opportunity to have your photo taken with him.
Following the meet and greet and drinks reception it's time for your group dinner at the hotel, where you can chat with fellow guests.
Day2The 'Coronation Street Experience'Manchester, United Kingdom
This morning, you'll meet your guide at the hotel and enjoy a special visit to the 'Coronation Street Experience' where you'll have a fully guided tour of the famous cobbles.
You'll then visit the brand new exhibition where you can see iconic props and costumes worn by the characters in the soap throughout its history. It's also your chance to step inside 'Roys Roll's' and the 'Rovers' with amazing replicated sets ready for your photos
After the 'Coronation Street Experience' visit, your guide will take you on tour around various locations with connections to the soap. Depending on the day, these might include the civil registry office where many of the show's weddings have taken place, Worsley, where Martha's canal barge was moored, and Annie's restaurant - owned by 'Fiz' and her husband - where you will stop for afternoon tea.
After the tour you'll return to your hotel and say goodbye to your guide. The rest of your evening is free to relax and enjoy the hotel's facilities, perhaps with tapas and a cocktail in the AC Lounge.
Day3DepartureSalford, United Kingdom
After breakfast it's time to check out of the hotel as your trip draws to an end.
Brought to you by
* From price is per person, based on two people sharing a room, subject to availability. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Single supplement £175. Deposit 20%. Local charges such as tourist tax may apply. **There is onsite parking at the hotel, the charge is £10.00 for 24 hours. In the case of unforeseen circumstances, expert(s) may be substituted, and any expert-led events may be subject to change. Expert(s) will not join you for your full trip duration unless otherwise stated. Travel insurance is not included and should be taken out at time of booking. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd.