She has had a distinguished career on screen, known for playing Patsy Stone in the sitcom Absolutely Fabulous. Her latest book, A Queen For All Seasons, was published as a tribute to the late Queen Elizabeth II.
Daytrip with Joanna Lumley aboard the British Pullman, a Belmond Train
Your daytrip begins at London Victoria, where you'll board the
Belmond British Pullman for your luxurious rail journey to Kent.
Relax in the Art-Deco carriages and the comfort of your plush seat,
and take in the scenery as you sip a Bellini and enjoy a delicious
Upon arrival, disembark and transfer to Hush Heath Estate, home to the Balfour Winery. Begin your guided tour with a welcome drink, before hearing more about the grape-to-glass winemaking and of course, sampling the award-winning wines with a tutored tasting. Whilst sat in the stunning surrounds, Dame Joanna Lumley will talk about her life and career, and open the floor to guests' questions.
Reboard the British Pullman, a Belmond Train for your journey back to London. Savour a four-course dinner with the sommelier's choice of wine, as you enjoy the splendid views that pass you by and look back on a daytrip to remember.
This trip is also operating with special guest Oz Clarke - find out more here.
Meet Dame Joanna Lumley
Travel in luxury on the British Pullman, A Belmond Train
Sample award-winning wines
Your expert guide
- Round-trip travel aboard the British Pullman, a Belmond Train from London Victoria
- Welcome sparkling Bellini
- Delicious three-course brunch on the outward journey
- Morning tea and coffee
- Sumptuous four-course dinner of a British seasonal table d'hôte menu
- Champagne reception, half a bottle of wine per person, plus coffee, tea and petits fours
- Talk hosted by Joanna Lumley
- Conversation and Q&A with Joanna Lumley
- Welcome glass of fizz on arrival at Balfour Winery
- Tutored wine tasting and guided vineyard tour at Balfour Winery
Day1Journey from London to Kent, and returnTonbridge, United Kingdom
Arrive to check in for your journey aboard the British Pullman at London Victoria.
The British Pullman departs London Victoria. You'll sip a chilled Bellini and a delicious three-course brunch is served at your seat as the train makes its way to Kent.
Arrive in Kent and join a transfer to the Hush Heath Estate, home of Balfour Winery. You'll attend a tour and tasting at the Balfour Winery, followed by a talk by Dame Joanna Lumley.
Depart Balfour Winery to re-join the British Pullman. Back on the train, you'll enjoy a four-course dinner with wine, followed by tea, coffee, and petit fours.
Later on, you'll arrive back at London Victoria.
British Pullman, A Belmond Train
There is no finer way to travel than on the luxurious Belmond train.
Honouring George Mortimer Pullman, the father of luxury trains, the splendidly refurbished British Pullman epitomises a glamorous era of travel. Each carriage is individually named and has a fascinating story. Some were favoured by the British Royal Family, and two were part of Winston Churchill's funeral train. Others, like Audrey and Vera, survived bomb damage during air raids over London's Victoria Station in 1940. Today, the opulent carriages are set out in tables, ready to welcome guests as they dine on their journeys through the British countryside.
Brought to you by
For general information, click here.
To view TS Tours’ supplier’s terms and conditions click here.
* From price is per person, based on four sharing a four seat table, subject to availability. To book a table for two there is a surcharge of £20pp, subject to availability, please call to enquire. Price and itinerary correct at time of print but may be subject to change. Full payment required at the time of booking. **The vineyards may be wet underfoot, please wear/bring suitable footwear. Travel insurance should be taken out at time of booking. The train is not wheelchair accessible. Images used may not reflect your actual tour experience. This holiday may be sold through other selected brands. Tour is operated by and subject to the booking conditions of TS Travel Ltd.